The Office of the Comptroller of a major US city engaged the Capstone Strategy Group to build a Customer Relationship Management System (CRM) for the Comptroller’s Bureau of Asset Management (BAM). The Bureau is the investment advisor to the Pension Funds of the City with approximately 303 Investment Managers overseeing approximately 2,390 accounts. The search for managers and investment partners is based on being “in the market” and making contacts to source strong investment opportunities. This project provided a solution for the staff to manage interaction with managers including meetings, sourcing, hiring, monitoring and storing documents associated with investments, ranging from pitch books to annual statements. Key project deliverables included:
- Business requirements gathering
- Business process review and documentation
- Managing the agile implementation of the solution using the Dynamics 365 on the Azure cloud
- Integration of Dynamics 365 with SharePoint to improve document sharing and management
- Integration of Dynamics 365 with the Account and Investment Management system to ensure data consistency across systems.
- System testing, system documentation, user training and postproduction support.